Sunday, July 31, 2011

Computer Lessons

My computer skills, I know, are limited.  I see all of the things everyone creates on their blogs or from TpT and I want to do the same type of things.  I started buying some clip art, but I still didn't know what to do.


When I bought my MacBook in February, I also purchased a year worth of One on One classes.  I haven't been to any because it was so busy in the spring and I have been stuck without a car, other than the rental, since school was out.  Finally, I decided to take a class.


On Thursday I went to one of the One on One sessions called Personal Projects.  You go to the Apple Store and one employee helps the people in the class with whatever they want.  I didn't really know where this store was because it was in a shopping center that I've never been to.  I found the store pretty quickly.


The class was so worth going to.  I showed the employee what some of you bloggers have done and said, "Is there any way I can do that sort of thing?"  He told me that there is.  I usually use Word, but he suggested that I get Apple's form of Word called Pages.  That's what he knows and likes, so I purchased it.  He showed me a variety of things that were so beneficial.  I finally got out a piece of paper to write some notes realizing I would forget when I got home.  He would bounce back and forth between each person.  There were only two of us there, so I got lots of attention.


I think I'm going to sign up for one a week until school begins.  After that, it will be a little harder to go to because these classes are usually during the day.  Maybe they'll have some on Saturdays.  They have other specific classes that I may take if the time is right.


I just worked on my schedule cards.  Last night I found the perfect background. I wanted polka-dots, but I wanted them colored.  After looking at Cheryl Saod's Celebrating Yummy Birthdays, I noticed there were lots of polka-dots.  It's so perfect!  If I knew how to attach a page here, I would do it so that you can all see it.  I tried, but it didn't work.  I think it's because I don't know how to reduce the size of the document for the blog.  That will be a question to ask next class. I'll go take a photo of a printed page, so that I can show everyone what I made.  




          
  I'm looking forward to printing and cutting all of my schedule cards.  They will look so nice in my new classroom at my new school.


Diane

0 comments:

Post a Comment