Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blogging Debut

I discovered TpT and that teachers have blogs about 3 months ago. It has been quite an experience reading and learning from other teachers. I guess now it is time I venture into the blog world. I started this blog because I wanted to be involved in the Postcard Exchange. I also think it will be great fun to write about my teaching adventures and be involved with the blog teaching community.

I have been a teacher for many years. I have spent the last two years teaching third grade. Before that I taught fourth and fifth grades. It has been a long time since I've taught the primary grades. I did teach second grade for several years, but that was at least 9 years ago. Because of budget cuts, this year I will be transferred to a different school and will teach first grade. I panicked when I found out! Reading all of the blogs has helped me to learn what happens in first grade.

This blog will be a great place for me to document my adventures as a first grade teacher. I am leaving a school with very little technology and going to a school with lots of technology. I bought a Mac Book in February, so why not add blogging to my list of new technologies.

I want to say "thank you" to Cheryl at Primary Graffiti who organized and started this blog for me.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Welcome!!!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Thank you, Rachelle! I was so surprised to see that someone has found my blog. I'm following your blog. I actually had 3 different comments today.

I am new at blogging, but I'm sure I'll learn how to do this soon. Thanks for stopping by!

Diane

Post a Comment